Note: this site is no longer active! My personal training website and blog is now located at Powerfully You.
Below are a few of the fitness-related sites and blogs that I regularly visit! Let me know if there are any other great sites or blogs out there that I should check out.
- Bodybuilding.com – Don’t let the name scare you off. This site is a great source for exercise guides and videos on form. There’s a lot of good content on their forums too, but there’s also a lot of crap… be wary of bro science!
- GirlsGoneStrong – I’ve never used any of their programs, but their blog has a plethora of good, practical advice. They’re all about self-love and encouraging women to lift weights. Basically, I have a giant girl crush on every women involved in this blog.
- MyFitnessPal – If you are choosing to track macros or calories, MFP is essential. I can’t imagine trying to track anything without their app on my phone!
- StrongLifts – StrongLifts 5×5 is a great beginner weight lifting program to build strength. However, even if you don’t follow the program, the site is a great resource for improving your form on the major compound lifts. The site includes exhaustive guides for the squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, barbell row, pullups, and dips.
- Fit and Feminist – Great blog from a woman who’s passionate about running and
- SkinnyTaste – Her recipes focus more on WW points than macros, but it’s still a great source for discovering tasty, healthy recipes. She also has everything categorized really well, so I can navigate straight to the “Under 30 minutes” recipes.
- NomNom Paleo – I don’t follow a Paleo diet… but I still love the recipes on this blog!
- Minimalist Baker – This site is full of simple, quick recipes. Perfect for busy people like me. Actually, I’m not that busy… I’m just impatient. Perfect for busy or impatient people.